This release contains backwards-incompatible changes. See https://sopel.chat/willie_6.html for more information.
This is the first release in which the bot will have a new name. Current tentative name is Sopel.
- chanlogs, rss, github, and radio modules are removed
- Default in admin module is now to join on invite from anyone; the old default of only joining on invite from admins can be configured
- Wikipedia module’s per-channel default language configuration is deprecated; a database-backed option will be added in a future version
.seenreplies on action messages now display action messages differently
.kickno longer truncates the message, and
- Deprecated login configs have been removed in favor of the new
- Module reloading has been redone to enable modules to be installed from PyPI
- IRCv3 capability negotiation is updated for v3.2
- Configuration has been entirely reworked. Old wizard functions and the
get_list()function are removed, but most other uses of the config should continue to work.
- The reorganization of
willie.toolsintroduced in 5.3.0 is finalized; the old import locations no longer work.
bot.msgis deprecated in favor of
bot.say, which can now be used in un-triggered contexts with an additional